- Official Name: Republic of Panama
- Capital: Panama City
- Total area, Population and Density: 75,990 sq km. 2,839,177 inhabitants, 42.3 per sq km.
- Political Division: 9 provinces and 3 indigenous regions (comarcas)
- Government: Constitutional Democracy, centralized Republic
Legal System: The legal system is based on the civil law system. Panama accepts judicial revision of Legislative acts in the Supreme Court of Justice; it also accepts the compulsory jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice with reservation.
Language: The official language is Spanish; however, English is widely spoken.
Literacy rate: 90%
- Climate: Panama has a tropical climate and the temperature is usually the same throughout the year. Average temperature is 27º C.
- Religion: There is freedom of worship in Panama. Most Panamanians are Roman Catholics. However, due to the country’s great diversity, there are many churches, temples and synagogues throughout the country.
- Ethnic Groups: 70% are Mestizos, 10% Caucasians, 12% Mulattos and 8% belong to indigenous groups.
- Phone: (507) 322-0747
- Telefax: (507) 322-0745
- Address: centro logístico llano bonito
- Juan díaz, calle 1 b sur, bodega #12
- e-mail: email@example.com